By David Cumpston, Senior Director
If ever there was a time to celebrate good news, it’s now. LCI turns 30 in October and to mark this special achievement, we’re excited to announce a series of special surprises to many of those who’ve helped us get here.
- Every day throughout October, LCI will honor 30 (+1 for good measure) nonprofits nominated by LCI staffers. Each charity will receive a $300 donation and a special shout out across LCI’s social media platforms. (If you don’t already follow us, please do so at: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.)
- Also, beginning next week and throughout October on LCInsights, staffers will highlight some of their favorite campaigns over the years.
- Last but not least, we will host a special #LCI30 series on LCI’s YouTube channel in which David Landis will conduct a series of three-question interviews with past colleagues and clients about their memories of working with the firm. The first interview, slated for Oct. 1, features a Q&A with veteran KPIX journalist Hank Plante who worked with David at San Francisco’s CBS-TV affiliate. That will be followed by conversations with former clients Dian Harrison (Planned Parenthood) and Peter Pastreich (San Francisco Symphony).
Here are the 30+1 nonprofit organizations we’ll be celebrating next month:
- Save the Redwoods League*
- Peninsula Open Space Trust*
- California College of the Arts*
- Becoming Independent*
- Pacific Edge Voices
- Larkin St. Youth Services
- The Shanti Project*
- Pacific Beach Coalition
- Lucille Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford*
- University of California San Francisco (UCSF)*
- On Lok*
- PRC serving vulnerable populations*
- ODC, SF’s modern dance company*
- Project Open Hand serving meals to those in need*
- SF SPCA*
- Black Lives Matter
- San Francisco Symphony*
- North Beach Citizens
- Music In Schools Today
- Amateur Music Network
- Robert Moses’ Kin (dance)
- Counterpulse (dance)
- Sierra Club
- St. Anthony’s (feeding SF’s needy)
- Center for Urban Education about Sustainable Agriculture (CUESA)
- Planned Parenthood*
- Berkeley Repertory Theatre*
- SF LGBT Center*
- Friends of Alta Plaza Park
- The Trevor Project
- ACLU Northern California
*indicates a current or former LCI client
Please feel free to leave a comment below about your favorite #LCImoments to help celebrate this momentous occasion. We can’t wait to walk down Memory Lane with you!
5 thoughts on “LCI turns 30 next month and we’re ready to celebrate – and give back”
I am really proud about our agency’s work. I want to thank our clients and my colleagues I work.
This list really reflects the breadth of LCI staffers’ passions…excited to spotlight my personal picks in the weeks ahead!
Business only thrives because of community so it makes sense for us to give back to the community to celebrate our 30th anniversary. We couldn’t have done it without great staff, clients, PR partners throughout the world (through our Public Relations Global Network, http://www.prgn..com) and everyone who has supported us along the way. Thank you to everyone. Cheers, David
Congratulations on hitting the big 3.0, LCI! What a spectacular achievement and roster of clients over the years. Kudos for taking positive action as well during a tumultuous year and to continue developing community and relationships.
As someone who spent 25 years of my career working in-house for nonprofits, I just love the idea of giving to others to celebrate LCI. It’s what drew me to LCI in the first place – the agency’s ongoing commitment to mission-driven organizations and David’s innate generosity. It’s fun to be part of the giving side at last!
Comments are closed.