We’ve had some new arrivals recently at LCI and we’ll be introducing you
to them over the coming weeks. First off, PR-pro, Sharon London.
- What did you do before PR? I can’t remember a time before I worked in PR! I spent 40 plus years in the hotel industry, with the last 30 spent as Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Handlery Hotels.
- Why did you choose to enter PR? The opportunity to work for LCI arose unexpectedly and I was delighted to do something new in an industry that has always interested me for its effectiveness.
- What’s your “must visit” spot in San Francisco? One of my favorite “must do” experiences that I love to share with out-of-town visitors is Beach Blanket Babylon.
- What’s been your biggest PR “win”? I don’t have any big wins yet in PR, but I was happy to write my first PSA spots.
- How do you measure PR’s value? Success in the PR industry has to come from exceeding the client’s needs by producing the desired results for them. And for the PR business, repeat business is key.
- How do you choose the best job candidates? A job candidate has to be a good fit for the company’s existing staff as well as the job, along with having an admirable work ethic and a desire to succeed.
- What’s your favorite food? My favorite food is ice cream and thus I can never have it in my house.
- Can you share any insights to your life outside work? I enjoy traveling, spending time with my children and grandchildren. I love going to the theater or the opera, along with Giants games and all the wonderful things San Francisco has to offer – cooking, entertaining, taking writing classes, visiting museums, working out with my trainer and taking Pilates.
What additional questions do you have for Sharon? Leave a comment below or tweet us @LandisComm.