By David Landis, President, LCI
When it comes to video, the choices can be overwhelming. YouTube is the giant, but if your client is in the B2B space, Wistia might be a better choice. And what about Vimeo? How do you determine which platform is best for your needs – or your clients’ needs? Our colleagues at the Weidert Group in Wisconsin had some interesting insights from a previous blog, as noted below.
The three platforms compared:
- YouTube is the most popular video platform, which means more potential views.
- It’s free and user-friendly.
- There are abundant advertising opportunities.
- Its videos have been consistently embedded across the internet since 2005.
- Wistia’s metrics and conversion rates will have all inbound marketers raving.
- Its customizable video player is perfect for your branding needs.
- The support staff consistently gets positive reviews.
- Vimeo is giving YouTube a run for its money, but as of right now, it only has 715 million views per month.
- Its aesthetic is much cleaner than YouTube’s design.
- Vimeo is fit for artistic, niche groups. Content is often cinematographic and inspiring.
- Its embedded player highlights the intended content rather than Vimeo’s branding.
Click through to get the full analysis: YouTube vs. Vimeo vs. Wistia: What’s best for video content marketing? by Alexandria Sielaff from The Weidert Group. Please note: this content was originally published at weidert.com.
So, always think about what you want to achieve first. Is your end goal to get more eyeballs? YouTube might be a good choice. Or is it for B2B marketing purposes? Then, we’d recommend Wistia. If you want more of an artistic feel, perhaps Vimeo is the place to start.
Just like any public relations campaign, it starts by identifying your goals and who you want to reach first – and then telling that story in a way that the specific audience understands.
Do you agree? Feel free to comment below, send an email to [email protected] or tweet him @david_landis.