LCI’s strategic efforts to open and generate ongoing awareness for Sutter’s new CPMC Van Ness Campus hospital generated 200+ unique stories, influencer engagement, community relations and 500+ million media impressions.
LCI kept CPMC in the headlines by pursuing several planned and opportunistic strategies. The agency combined outreach for key facility milestones, including a teddy bear clinic, tours for mommy bloggers, a community open house, a practice patient move and ribbon-cutting ceremony with Mayor London Breed, along with savvy newsjacking.
Among LCI’s effective activities:
- A 7.0 earthquake struck Alaska and the team pitched CPMC’s seismic safety measures. Every station covered the hospital’s first-in-the-US “viscous wall dampers.” Having crews on-site allowed LCI to offer sneak peeks.
- A targeted event to engage mommy bloggers resulted in five organic stories, more than 50,000 media impressions and engagement across social media.
- A free Community Day open house and teddy bear triage clinic for kids achieved more than 2,000 participants.
- Secured Mayor London Breed for the hospital’s ribbon-cutting ceremony, covered by every major news outlet.
- Patient move day scored major media hits.
- Partnered with SFMTA to promote the new campus.
- LCI captured significant local, national and international attention by highlighting a neonatal nurse who crocheted small crowns for hospital newborns born the same day as Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s baby. LCI’s ‘crowning ceremony’ caught the eye of PRWeek editors who wrote a case study: “How the royal baby helped one hospital generate attention for National Nurses Week.” “Access Hollywood” and “Inside Edition” covered the stunt, while the UK Consulate in San Francisco tweeted about the “clever publicity idea to celebrate the Royals’ new addition to the family.”
The CPMC Van Ness Campus hospital experienced a higher than average number of emergency department visits, which staff attributed to LCI’s work.
Case Study powerpoint deck here: https://my.visme.co/projects/31qevpjx-ok32rzoenv1n5w8d