To open the new flagship Harry & David store on San Francisco’s Union Square and maximize traffic during the important holiday season. To support awareness nationally for the brand during the all-important holiday shopping season.
- Staged opening gala and coordinated proactive media relations campaign to create excitement and buzz within the community
- Coordinated charitable tie-in with Project Open Hand, serving meals to those with life threatening illnesses
- Targeted invites/features not just to retail reporters, but also to food, home, society and business reporters
- Broadcast outreach tied to opening weekend
- Collaboration with Mayor’s office to proclaim opening “Harry & David Day.”
Significant media placements including: San Francisco Chronicle, KCBS Radio, San Francisco Examiner, ANG Newspapers and San Jose Mercury News. SF Mayor Brown attended opening and Project Open Hand began ongoing relationship with Harry & David that continues. Success of the opening spurred Harry and David to hire LCI for national work. National placements included: Wall Street Journal, Associated Press, USA Today and CNN.